The holiday season is quickly approaching and Fayetteville-Cumberland Parks and Recreation is gearing up for their annual Christmas lights event, Christmas in the Park.
Christmas in the Park is celebrated at Arnette Park, a beautiful combination of developed facilities and natural woodland spanning 100 acres adjacent to the Cape Fear River.
Bring your family and friends for a leisurely stroll on a ½ mile paved walking trail while taking in the sights and sounds of the Christmas season. You’ll enjoy entertainment provided by local artists, roast marshmallows at the fire pit and get creative at the craft station. Relax and watch some of your favorite holiday movies on the outdoor movie screen and take a ride on the Christmas Express train. Don’t forget to stop by and visit with Santa!
Arnette Park is located at 2165 Wilmington Hwy, Exit 100 off Hwy 87.
Dates: December 7-21; 6-9 pm
- Service Animals Only
- Cash Only
- Admission: $10 per family vehicle, $30 per commercial vehicle and $75 per motorcoach/bus
- Photos with Santa: $5 per photo (no personal cameras)
- Marshmallow Roasting: $1 per stick, $1 per four marshmallows (no personal supplies)
- Train Ride: $1 per person
- Kid's Craft Projects: $1 per craft
For more information, call (910) 433-1547. For inclement weather, call (910) 306-7325.