A clogged toilet caused issues at a Charlotte High School on Wednesday.

WFMY is reporting the building at the school was evacuated after students complained that their throats were burning and their eyes were watering.

The issues stemmed from a clogged toilet in the building.

Charlotte Fire responded to the incident and evacuated the building.

Firefighters believe the students experienced symptoms caused by sewer gases near the clogged toilet.

Many of the students were evaluated by medics at the scene, but their symptoms were not believed to be serious in nature.

QCWriter is a journalist who is fueled by espresso and motivated by determination. She specializes in pop culture, country music, and news content.