From Cumberland County:
March to Work Job Fair Canceled
Out of an abundance of caution, Cumberland County officials are canceling the March to Work Job Fair scheduled for March 18 at the Crown Expo Center.
Cumberland County officials are recommending those at risk of serious illness from COVID-19 begin practicing social distancing. People at high risk include anyone over 65 years of age, individuals with underlying health conditions including heart disease, lung disease, or diabetes, or with weakened immune systems.
To prevent getting sick and the impact of COVID-19, people who meet these risk factors should avoid crowds as much as possible, avoid cruise and air travel and make sure supplies are on hand to limit the need to go out in public.
All residents are encouraged to increase prevention measures and practice limited contact with others:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water, and for at least 20 seconds each time.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Do not reuse tissue after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched (like your phone, tablet, countertops and daily work surfaces).
- Stay home and away from others when you are sick.
- Use fist bumps or elbows instead of shaking hands or hugs.
If a confirmed positive or presumptive positive case of COVID-19 is identified in Cumberland County, the Cumberland County Department of Public Health and the State Department of Public Health will notify the public.
The North Carolina Division of Public Health has established a call line at 1-866-462-3821 to address general questions about COVID-19 from the public.
We encourage the public to seek information from credible sources including the Cumberland County Health Department’s COVID-19 webpage at co.cumberland.nc.us/covid19 and the NC DHHS website at ncdhhs.gov.