Fort Bragg has issued public guidance on how the installation will be handling the next few weeks, as coronavirus impacts the community.
Lt. Gen. Michael E. Kurilla, Commanding General of the XVIII Airborne Corps & Fort Bragg, NC issued a statement that outlined the following key developments:
- Effective March 17, DODEA Schools will be closed until at least March 30. Monday, March 16 will be a half day to help gather supplies and receive further instruction.
- CDC’s will remain open for the time being.
- From March 16 through May 11, “all soldiers and DA civilians assigned to Fort Bragg will stop movement and remain within 50 miles of Fort Bragg and/or your local residence.”
- During that same time, only local leave and passes will be approved.
- All PCS moves are on hold until May 11.
See the full statements below.
Fort Bragg Leaders & Families,
As we stated yesterday, we have seen a tremendous number of changes and decisions being made that impacted our Fort Bragg community as a whole.
First, I want to thank you for your patience as we work to respond to this ever-changing situation. We know many of you are very concerned on how COVID-19 affects you, your family and way of life. We share those concerns because this virus has no borders, it can infect all of us regardless of our race, religion, gender, position or rank.
Understandably, many of you have a lot of questions. I’ve just sent the following message to leadership across Fort Bragg. It is intended to answer many of the questions we have received. It won’t answer all of them, but the answers are all based on facts that we have now. This information will change over time. We will continue to respond to your questions and post regular updates with the latest accurate and timely information.
We ask that you please do your part by sharing these updates and updates from the CDC but don’t share gossip and rumors. Going forward, we will focus on what we CAN do. The Soldiers, Civilians, and Families of Fort Bragg have grit and resilience beyond measure, and I am confident that we will find ways to thrive in adversity as we stand ready to answer the Nation’s call. CSM Albertson and I are honored to be on your team and together we will lead through this.
Airborne – All the Way!
Lt. Gen. Michael E. Kurilla
XVIII Airborne Corps & Fort Bragg, NC