Service workers recently went on TikTok to share the sneaky ways they take their revenge on terrible and rude customers. Well, apparently a lot of folks had things to say because now even more have chimed in via a thread on Buzzfeed.
Ways folks have gotten back at rude customers include:
- A bartender shared, “My tactic was giving rudes at this bar I worked at their change in the smallest coins.”
- A furniture sales person noted, “Whenever we have a rude or disrespectful customer, I would leave small screws or joints out of their furniture so that it wobbled.”
- Then there’s this barista, “I give them decaf coffee when they asked for regular or fill it half or quarter of the way with their coffee of choice and then fill the rest with hot water.”
- “I used to work as a cashier at a very busy retail chain. If I heard/noticed someone complaining about how slow the line was moving, I’d just move even slower.”
- “As a server, I always gave the senior discount to women — usually in their 40s or 50s — who were being rude. They couldn’t complain because they wanted the discount, but you could see in their eyes that I just ruined their day.”
- “I work at Subway. I have been known to sneak a jalapeño or two into a rude customer’s sub. It must have dropped into the lettuce.”
- One barista at a drive thru said if a rude customer needed a straw they would “discretely break” it, noting, “Nothing too horrible, just incredibly annoying and inconvenient for them once they wanted to start drinking their beverage.”
- “I used to be a baggage handler at the airport. I often got called up to the terminal for gate bag checks. One time, the traveler was swearing at the gate agent, who was visibly holding back tears. I took the bag, gave the asshole a big smile, then took his bag to a different airline and put it on a cart for a flight going to Japan.”
Read the full article on Buzzfeed here!