Ignore the temperatures in the high 90s, it must be Fall, as Krispy Kreme has Pumpkin Spice season starting earlier than ever, on August 8.
In a press release Thursday, the North Carolina-based doughnut king announced that they’ll have four doughnuts, and two drinks, all with Pumpkin Spice themes, rolling out a month earlier than they did in 2021.
“Sure, pumpkin spice is generally associated with fall, but true fans of the flavor will agree that August is close enough,” said Dave Skena, Global Chief Brand Officer for Krispy Kreme. “So, we’re pulling fall forward, enabling our guests to indulge and enjoy early with delicious pumpkin spice doughnuts and drinks, including our Pumpkin Spice Latte, which you can get iced or frozen, by the way.”
According to Krispy Kreme, it’s full pumpkin spice lineup rolls out August 8 with these treats:
- NEW Pumpkin Spice Latte Swirl Doughnut: A Pumpkin Spice Doughnut dipped in a pumpkin spice/sugar blend and topped with a swirl of vanilla and coffee buttercream.
- Pumpkin Spice Original Glazed® Doughnut: A classic Original Glazed doughnut with a pumpkin spice twist.
- Pumpkin Spice Original Filled Cheesecake Doughnut: A Pumpkin Spice Original Glazed doughnut with creamy cheesecake filing decorated with cheesecake icing.
- Pumpkin Spice Cake Doughnut: A perfectly spiced old-fashioned cake doughnut covered in iconic glaze.
- Pumpkin Spice Latte: A latte flavored with pumpkin pie sauce, topped with whipped cream and pumpkin spice seasoning – available hot, iced or frozen.
- NEW Pumpkin Spice Iced Coffee: Iced Coffee blended with pumpkin pie sauce.
The new member of the doughnut family will be the Pumpkin Spice Latte Swirl Doughnut, and it sound heavenly. It’ll be available by itself, or as part of special Pumpkin Spice dozens.
“Pumpkin Spice in four different doughnuts? Yes please,” Krispy Kreme said. “Try our specialty dozen today, made of 3 Pumpkin Spice Latte Swirl Doughnuts, 3 Pumpkin Spice Original Glazed® Doughnuts, 3 Pumpkin Spice Cake Doughnuts, and 3 Pumpkin Spice Original Filled Cheesecake Doughnuts.”
The Bragg Blvd. location in Fayetteville is listed as participating in the promotion, so feel free to treat your favorite radio hosts to all the Pumpkin Spice doughnuts you can handle.