The BIG 95.7 WKML is proud to present the Pledge of Allegiance every single weekday morning at 7 a.m. Today’s Pledge is presented by Sarah’s Niece Frances. Thank you very much for helping us out. Listen below!
KML is proud to support the Red, White and Blue, and presents the Pledge of Allegiance daily thanks to our partners at Central Electric Membership Corporation. Check here to see all of our Pledge archive.
12 of the Best Farmers Markets in North Carolina
It’s that time of year when we all start thinking of finding the perfect pumpkin and making canned jams and other goodies! I’ve found the best place to score these seasonal delights are at farmers markets in North Carolina. Searching for the best local farmers market can be a fun and rewarding experience. As a southern gal who loves her fresh produce, I can tell you that there are a few things to keep in mind when looking for the perfect market. Here are some tips to help you find the best local farmers market:
- Location: Consider the location of the farmers market. Is it close to your home? Is it easy to get to? You don’t want to have to drive too far to get your fresh produce.
- Community involvement: Look for a farmers market that is involved in the community. Does it support local farmers? Does it offer educational programs or events? A market that is involved in the community is more likely to have a variety of fresh produce and other local goods.
- Quality of produce: Check the quality of the produce. Is it fresh and in good condition? Are the fruits and vegetables ripe and ready to eat? You want to make sure you’re getting the best quality produce for your money.
- Variety of produce: Look for a farmers market that offers a variety of produce. You want to be able to find all your favorite fruits and vegetables, as well as some new ones to try.
- Price: Consider the price of the produce. Is it reasonable? You don’t want to pay too much for your fresh produce.
- Vendor selection: Check out all the vendors before making a purchase. Some vendors may have better quality produce than others, so it’s important to shop around.
- Atmosphere: Look for a farmers market with a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. You want to feel comfortable and enjoy your shopping experience.
Remember, shopping at a farmers market is not just about buying fresh produce, it’s also about supporting local farmers and the community. So, take your time, enjoy the experience, and don’t forget to try something new when you visit these North Carolina Farmers Markets!