KML’s Secret Sound is here!
How closely are you listening? Listen CLOSER. Listen close enough and you could find yourself winning big!
Listen all day on your radio at 95.7 for the Secret Sound clue of the day and guesses. Think you know what the sound is? Call 910-323-9570 and guess the EXACT sound and you’ll win.
Below, you’ll find the latest clues to help you in your guessing. And you’ll find the latest guesses to show you how close or how far away everyone has been.
And then you’ll find a gallery of some fun things you can do once you win. Good luck!
Proudly Presented By
Current prize: $2,000
Round 2: Now open. See clues and guesses below.
ROUND 2 CLUES
- Clue 6: It’s a good thing.
- Clue 5: People use this in some way every day.
- Clue 4: You can find this outdoors.
- Clue 3: You would find this in many stores.
- Clue 2: Typewriter
- Clue 1: Making music in a weird sorta way.
ROUND 2 GUESSES
(Scroll down for previous days guesses.)
Round 1 Recap
WINNER: Debi from Fayetteville
“Hand sanitizer dropped in a coffee mug.”
Next Prize: $2,000 – Starts Wednesday, April 7
Fun Things to Do With $1,000
What you win:
Up to five (5) prizes will be awarded in this. Each prize will vary and will be announced prior to airing of the Sound. The prizes will be in the form of a check made out to the winner as follows:
- The prize for Sound 1 is $1,000
- The prize for Sound 2 is $2,000
- The prize for Sound 3 is $3,000
- The prize for Sound 4 is $4,000
- The prize for Sound 5 is $5,000
How to enter:
To participate in the Contest, listen to the Station weekdays during the Contest Dates at approximately 7:00am for the Station to hear the Secret Sound and a clue about the day’s Secret Sound. The Secret Sound will play up to five times a day (at approximately 7:00am, 9:00am, 12:00pm, 3:00pm and 5:00pm ET, each a “cue-to-call”). Additional clues may be given periodically throughout the day. When the Secret Sound is played, the 9th caller will get a chance to correctly guess the Secret Sound to win the prize currently being offered. The Station will be the sole judge in determining whether the designated caller correctly identified the Secret Sound. Each caller will only have one (1) opportunity to correctly guess the Secret Sound. The caller’s guess must match exactly the Station’s pre-determined answer (Example: "Breath mints in a CD case" is not correct. The pre-determined correct answer is "Tic Tacs in a CD case."). Once the fifth Secret Sound is guessed correctly, the Contest will end and no more cues-to-call will air. When a Sound is guessed correctly, the next Sound will begin at 7am on the next weekday. When a Sound is not guessed correctly, no prize will be awarded for that cue-to-call. There is no limit to the number of times a listener may attempt to call in to win, but a listener may be a prize winner only once.
KML Secret Sound
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
These rules apply to KML Secret Sound Contest (“Contest”) conducted by Beasley Media Group, LLC d/b/a WKML-FM (“Station”). In addition, the General Contest Rules posted at www.wkml.com apply to this Contest. If there is a conflict between the General Contest Rules and the Rules for this Contest, the Rules for this Contest shall control.
- HOW TO ENTER
- The Contest will begin on Thursday, April 1, 2021 and end on Friday, May 14, 2021, or when all five (5) Prizes have been awarded, whichever occurs first.
- To participate in the Contest, listen to the Station weekdays beginning on April 1, 2021 and ending on Friday, May 14, 2021 at approximately 7:00am Eastern Time (“ET”) for the airing of the “Secret Sound” and a clue about the day’s Secret Sound. The Secret Sound will air up to five (5) times a day at approximately 7:00am ET, 9:00am ET, 12:00pm ET, 3:00pm ET and 5:00pm ET. Each airing of the Secret Sound will serve as a cue to call. Additional clues may be given periodically throughout the day. When the Secret Sound is aired, the ninth (9th) caller to the Station contest line at 1-910-323-9570 will be deemed a “Contestant” in the Contest, upon confirmation of eligibility, and will have the opportunity to win a Prize by correctly identifying the Secret Sound. The Station will be the sole judge in determining whether the Contestant correctly identified the Secret Sound. Each Contestant will only have one (1) opportunity to correctly identify the Secret Sound. The Contestant’s guess must match exactly the Station’s pre-determined answer (Example: "Breath mints in a CD case" is not correct. The pre-determined correct answer is "Tic Tacs in a CD case."). When a Secret Sound is correctly identified, the next Secret Sound, if any, will begin at 7:00am ET on the next weekday. If a Secret Sound is not guessed correctly, no Prize will be awarded for that cue-to-call and the Station will continue to air that same Secret Sound for additional Contest cues to call until it is correctly identified, or until the Contest ends.
- Station is not responsible for any failure of a caller to reach the Station contest line including but not limited to busy phone lines, misdirected calls, equipment breakdowns, or disconnections. Calls will only be accepted at the designated phone number. At the time of entrant’s call, entrant will be required to provide all information requested including entrant’s full name, complete address (including zip code), day and evening phone numbers and date of birth in order to be eligible to win. P.O. Boxes are not permitted. In the event that the selected caller is disconnected or is found to be ineligible, the next eligible caller who successfully makes it through on the call-in line and completes the call will have the opportunity to be a Contestant. There is no limit to the number of times a listener may attempt to call in to win, but a listener may be a winner only once.
- If at any time during the Contest all five (5) Prizes have been awarded, the Contest will immediately end at that time and no additional cues to call will air. If five (5) Prizes are not awarded at the end of the Contest on May 14, 2021, the Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to continue to air cues to call and play the Contest until all five (5) Prizes have been awarded, at the sole discretion of the Station.
- There will be up to a total of five (5) winners selected in the Contest.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- This Contest is open to all Station listeners who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry into the Contest, who are legal US residents and reside in North Carolina, except where prohibited by law. Winners must possess a valid, government-issued ID and show proof of residency to verify eligibility.
- Up to five (5) Prizes may be awarded in this Contest. Each Prize will vary in the amount, and the Prize amount will be announced prior to airing of the Secret Sound. The Prizes will be awarded in the form of a company check issued in the name of the winner as follows:
- The prize for Sound 1 is one thousand dollars ($1,000)
- The prize for Sound 2 is two thousand dollars ($2,000)
- The prize for Sound 3 is three thousand dollars ($3,000)
- The prize for Sound 4 is four thousand dollars ($4,000)
- The prize for Sound 5 is five thousand dollars ($5,000)
- No check will be awarded, processed or mailed until winner has claimed the prize at the Station, presented all required documentation, and signed all required releases and tax forms. Checks will then be processed within approximately four (4) to six (6) weeks following confirmation of eligibility and completion of all requisite releases and IRS forms.
- Prizes or prize certificates must be claimed at the office of the Station located at 508 Person St. Fayetteville, NC 28301, Monday-Friday, during regular business hours. Prize or prize certificate must be claimed within thirty (30) days of winning. Failure to claim Prize by the specified time will result in forfeiture of the prize. It is the winner’s sole responsibility to claim the Prize or prize certificate within the timeline provided in these Official Rules.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS
- Up to five (5) winners may be selected and notified as described in Section 1 of these Rules.
- Odds of winning depend in part on the number and order of calls received.
- Entrants must listen to the Station but need not be present to win.
- Decisions of Station management with respect to the Contest are final.
- The Station reserves the right to end any contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air and by publication at www.wkml.com.
- Copies of the written Contest rules and a list of all winners are available during regular business hours at the main studio of the Station, 508 Person St., Fayetteville, NC 28301, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station.