WKML Whole-Home Generator Giveaway
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
These rules apply to Whole-Home Generator Giveaway (“Contest”) conducted by Beasley Media Group, LLC d/b/a WKML (“Station”). In addition, the General Contest Rules posted at www.wkml.com apply to this Contest. If there is a conflict between the General Contest Rules and the Rules for this Contest, the Rules for this Contest shall control.
- HOW TO ENTER
- The Contest will begin on October 2, 2020 and end on October 31, 2020.
- There will be up to a total of one (1) winner selected in the Contest.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- This Contest is open to all Station listeners who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry into the Contest, who are legal US residents and reside in the following North Carolina counties: Cumberland, Hoke, Moore, Harnett, Sampson, Robeson, Bladen, Columbus, Brunswick, New Hanover, Pender, and Duplin, except where prohibited by law. Winners must possess a valid, government-issued ID and show proof of residency to verify eligibility.
- In order to claim the Prize, the winner must own the home where the Prize will be installed and may be required to show proof upon request.
- Up to one (1) Prize will be awarded. The Prize consists of a 14kW Kohler generator WITH a 200AMP Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS) from R&T Power Systems (“Prize Provider”). Delivery and start up will be provided by the Prize Provider to the winner free of charge. Winner is responsible for electrical service and gas service. The battery will be provided by the Prize Provider to the winner free of charge. Approximate Retail Value of the Prize (including product, delivery and start up) is $4,510.
- Winner will need to hire an electrician (not included in the prize) to wire the generator to the home, and a gas company for tank - if not owned already - and gas plumbing to generator, and fuel. The generator can run off of liquid propane OR natural gas. If the winner needs assistance finding an electrician and gas company, Prize Provider agrees to assist. After the gas and electric services are done and inspections are passed, Prize Provider will come out and do the final hook up (startup) of the generator. Prize Provider will go over operations with the winner, test run and transfer power. The generator and transfer switch comes with 5-year limited warranty. The first 2 years are bumper to bumper parts, labor, and travel. The last 3 years are parts only coverage and winner is then responsible for labor and travel. The battery has a 1-year warranty. Per Kohler Warranty, the oil should be changed every year OR every 150 hours.
- Optional Service Contract: Since maintenance is not warrantable, Prize Provider agrees to offer a yearly service contract for maintenance at $353.50 plus tax, which the winner may opt to purchase in his/her sole discretion. This is a one-time payment per year for the contract. Prize Provider’s service contract includes two scheduled visits every 6 months for minor and major preventative maintenance. At the 1-year anniversary of the service contract, Prize Provider agrees to do the oil change maintenance. The parts, labor for both services, and travel are included in this pricing. If the winner opts for the service contract, Prize Provider will provide discounted labor rates, no charge of travel, 24-hour technician on call, and in the case of a named storm, Prize Provider agrees to ensure winner is prepared.
- Prizes or prize certificates must be claimed as described by the Station at the time of winning. Failure to claim Prize by the specified time will result in forfeiture of the prize. R&T Power Systems will arrange specifics on prize delivery to winner’s home, after verification. It is the winner’s sole responsibility to claim the Prize or prize certificate within the timeline provided in these Official Rules.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS
- Up to one (1) Prize winner will be selected at approximately 12:00pm ET on Monday, November 2, 2020 in a Station-conducted random drawing from all eligible online entries received during the Online Entry Period. Potential Prize winner will be notified by phone and/or email promptly following the random drawing.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible online entries received during the Online Entry Period.
- Entrants need not listen to the Station or be present to win.
- Winner must confirm acceptance of prize within seven (7) days of winning, or risk disqualification and selection of an alternate winner (time permitting) in a random drawing of all remaining eligible entries.
- Decisions of Station management with respect to the Contest are final.
- The Station reserves the right to end any contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air and by publication at www.wkml.com.
- Copies of the written Contest rules and a list of all winners are available during regular business hours at the main studio of the Station, 508 Person Street, Fayetteville, NC 28301, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station.